Arugula Salad with Cranberry Pear Vinaigrette
- 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. Robust EVOO
- 1 tbsp. cranberry pear white balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and shake to mix.
- Divide salad onto plates, and top with slices of avocado.
Chipotle Dark Chocolate Southwest Chicken Salad
With this hearty twist on a southwest chicken salad, feel free to add or substitute ingredients to your personal taste preferences. Optional ingredients to consider as a garnish include: 1/4-cup cilantro or crushed tortilla chips.
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, cooked, shredded and seasoned to taste with fajita or taco seasoning
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cups corn (if frozen, thawed; If canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chipotle EVOO
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate balsamic vinegar
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together chipotle EVOO and dark chocolate balsamic Vinegar until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Chicken Salad: Combine lettuce and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the southwest chicken salad and toss to coat. Add any optional garnishes before serving and enjoy!
Great for sandwiches or for a dip with pita chips.
- 3 – 15.5 oz. cans garbanzo beans; drained
- 2/3 cup Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- ¼ tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped basil or cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
Put all ingredients into the bowl of food processor and pulse until smooth.
Persian Lime Guacamole
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 small plum tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Persian lime-infused EVOO
- Sea salt to taste
Mix well and enjoy!
Spring Salad with Orange Walnut Vinaigrette
- 8 cups organic spring mix lettuces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 can, sliced mandarin oranges
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or sliced almonds)
- 1/4 cup Cara Cara Orange Balsamic
- 1/2 cup Roasted Almond EVOO
- Whisk together the French Roasted Walnut Oil and Orange White Balsamic Vinegar, and set aside.
- Combine all spring salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- When ready to serve, toss with vinaigrette, being careful not to smash avocados.
Strawberry Almond Summer Salad
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 8-12 medium strawberries (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup Feta or goat cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tbsp. Strawberry Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 tbsp. Toasted Almond Oil
- Throw strawberries, almonds, and feta cheese into bowl of spinach.
- Dress with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to taste, and toss.
Watermelon Basil Salad
- Small seedless watermelon, chopped in cubes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (any variety)
- fresh basil, chopped (basil is the lettuce of the salad, so there is never too much)
- fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese balls or small cubes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsps. Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps. Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all chopped ingredients into a big mixing bowl. Whisk together the EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper in a separate small bowl and pour over salad and give it a good mix.
- Taste and adjust according to your tastes.
- Another alternative that tastes divine is to use goat cheese instead of buffalo mozzarella.
- The goat cheese sort of ‘melts’ in the toss giving the salad a slightly creamier dressing.