Arugula Salad with Cranberry Pear Vinaigrette (customer favourite!)
- 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. Blood Orange EVOO
- 1 tbsp. Cranberry Pear white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and shake to mix.
- Divide salad onto plates, and top with slices of avocado. Serves 4.
Southwest Chicken Salad
With this hearty twist on a southwest chicken salad, feel free to add or substitute ingredients to your personal taste preferences. Optional ingredients to consider as a garnish include: 1/4-cup cilantro or crushed tortilla chips.
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, cooked, shredded and seasoned to taste with Clever Crow Taco seasoning
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cups corn (if frozen, thawed; if canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cups shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Chipotle EVOO
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate balsamic vinegar
For Vinaigrette: Whisk together chipotle EVOO and dark chocolate balsamic Vinegar until emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
For Chicken Salad: Combine lettuce and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the southwest chicken salad and toss to coat. Add any optional garnishes before serving and enjoy!
Eureka! Lemon Hummus
Great for sandwiches or for a dip with pita chips or veggies.
- 3 – 15.5 oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2/3 cup Eureka Lemon fused EVOO*
- 1/8 cup Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- ¼ tbsp. dark toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 tsp. sea salt, to taste (or our Black n’ White blend)
Put all ingredients into the bowl of food processor and pulse until smooth.
*feel free to substitute with one of our ultra-premium “plain” EVOOs. A final drizzle of Robust, Garlic or Harissa EVOO to take it to another level!
Persian Lime Guacamole
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 small plum tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Persian lime-infused EVOO
- Sea salt to taste (or our Lime Pepper blend!)
Mix well and enjoy!
Amanda’s spicy suggestion: use our Smok’n Guns blend for the salt, and a drizzle of Baklouti green chili EVOO for a #gamechanger
Spring Salad with Orange Walnut Vinaigrette
- 8 cups organic spring mix lettuces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 can, sliced mandarin oranges or 1 orange, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or sliced almonds)
- 1/4 cup Cara-Cara Orange & Vanilla white balsamic
- 1/2 cup French-roasted Walnut or Almond oil
Whisk together the oil and vinegar, and set aside. Combine all spring salad ingredients in a large bowl.
When ready to serve, toss with vinaigrette, being careful not to smash avocados.
Suggestion: can also use Red Apple or Tangerine dark balsamic for the vinegar.
Roasted Almond & Berry Spinach Salad
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 8-12 medium strawberries (thinly sliced) or raspberries
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup feta or goat cheese (crumbled)
- 3-4 tbsp. Strawberry or Raspberry infused balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Mild or Medium EVOO
- 1/2 -1 tbsp. roasted Almond Oil or Garlic EVOO
- Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
- Optional: grilled chicken or steak
Combine spinach, berries, nuts and cheese into a large bowl. Whisk together oils, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl or shake in a mason jar. Add to bowl, toss, devour merrily.
Watermelon Basil Salad
- Small seedless watermelon, chopped in cubes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (any variety)
- fresh basil, chopped (basil is the lettuce of the salad, so there is never too much)
- fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, cubed small or bocconcini balls
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsps. Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all chopped ingredients into a big mixing bowl. Whisk together the EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper in a separate small bowl and pour over salad and give it a good mix.
- Taste and adjust according to your tastes.
- Another alternative that tastes divine is to use goat cheese instead of buffalo mozzarella.
- The goat cheese sort of ‘melts’ in the toss giving the salad a slightly creamier dressing.
Amanda’s Neapolitan Salad
- Spring mix greens, washed
- Cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Ripe garden tomatoes, sliced or cherry tomatoes, halved*
- Sundried tomatoes, julienned*
- Freshly grated Pecorino-Romano cheese (or shaved Parmigiano)
- 1/3 Robust EVOO (or Medium)
- 1/3 Neapolitan Herb dark balsamic
- 1/3 Traditional 18-yr balsamic
- Sprinkle of our Black n’ White blend (French grey sea salt and hickory-smoked pepper)
- chia seeds (optional, for crunch)
- a spoon (or fresh bread) to scoop all the deliciousness at the bottom of the bowl
Toss and devour!
*Tips: Ripen tomatoes by leaving them out of the fridge. Cut the sundried tomatoes with scissors to make your life easier.
A refreshing, zesty condiment for anything and everything! Add it to tacos, grilled veggies, steak, fish… even fries or roasted fingerlings with freshly grated cheese, yum!
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Pinot Noir or Sherry vinegar
- 2/3 cup Mild EVOO
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Combine parsley, cilantro, oregano and garlic in a food processor and pulse until only pieces remain. Add in vinegar and pulse again. With the processor going, stream in olive oil and mix until just combined. Stir in salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Taste and season additionally if needed. Store sealed in the fridge for up to a week.
“Spring into Summer” super versatile Salad
- 6 cups spring mix, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 lb. crumbled feta, aged goat cheese or Parmesan shavings
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pan-toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small orange or tangerine, peeled and cubed
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup Blackberry-Ginger dark balsamic
- 4-6 tbsp. Persian Lime infused EVOO
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Dollop of Dijon mustard (optional, for thicker dressing)
- Note: recipe can easily be scaled down for smaller serving size
Combine salad greens, cheese, nuts, onion and orange in a large bowl. To make the dressing, combine EVOO, balsamic, salt, pepper and mustard (if using) – whisk in a bowl or shake in a mason jar. Add to large bowl, toss everything, devour.
**Alternate dressing suggestions:**
Blood Orange EVOO + Pomegranate or Espresso balsamic
Tuscan Herb EVOO + Black Mission Fig or Grapefruit
Lemon EVOO + Strawberry or Raspberry
Garlic EVOO + Tangerine or Blackberry-Ginger
Chipotle EVOO + Maple or Red Apple
Mild/Medium/Robust EVOO + Serrano Honey or any balsamic
Roasted Walnut/Almond Oil + Cara Cara Orange & Vanilla
Pomegranate Citrus Spicy Marinade
Yields enough for 2 lbs (1 kg) lamb (or any meat)
- ¼ cup pomegranate or orange juice
- 1 tbsp. Pomegranate dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Sherry or Serrano Honey vinegar
- ½ cup coarsely grated sweet onion and its juices (about half a medium onion)
- 1 tsp. salt *
- 1 tsp. ground cumin *
- ½ tsp. ground allspice *
- ¼ – ½ tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 3 tbsp. Blood Orange or Mild EVOO
- 2 fresh bay leaves or 1 dried (optional)
In a non-reactive dish large enough to accommodate the meat, whisk together all of the ingredients. Add lamb and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate until ready to cook. Remove from marinade and season meat lightly with salt and pepper.
* or Salt Cellar’s Pink Peppercorn blend or Clever Crow’s Comox Bay seasoning or Asian 5-spice
Espresso, EVOO & Herb Marinade
Yields enough for 2 lbs (1 kg) beef (or any meat)
- 1/2 cup Espresso dark balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Wood-smoked or Medium EVOO
- 1/3 cup Serrano Honey vinegar (or Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 tbsp. good-quality Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly smashed with the side of a knife
- 2 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Your favourite Salt Cellar infused salt blend (finishing)
Whisk together espresso balsamic, olive oil, Worcestershire and Dijon in a glass baking dish large enough to accommodate the beef. Stir in garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Add beef, turn to coat and refrigerate until ready to cook. Remove from marinade and season lightly with additional salt and pepper or infused blend.
Italian Caesar Salad (with a raw egg yolk)
- ¼ cup Sicilian Lemon White balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ – ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Romaine lettuce, Croutons, Parmesan cheese, Bacon bits (optional)
Whisk together balsamic, mustard, honey, shallot, egg yolk, worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in olive oil, blending well.
Toss croutons and bacon bits with the lettuce, toss with the dressing, and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Caesar Vinaigrette (with no egg)
- ½ cup Mild, Medium or Robust EVOO
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice *
- 1 tsp. raw honey *
- 4 to 6 anchovy fillets or 1 Tbsp. anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated or pressed
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
* Substitute with our Sicilian Lemon white balsamic for a flavour explosion!
In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, combine all ingredients. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Makes ¾ cups.
Amanda’s Smoky Spicy Sweet Sauce (GF, DF, V)
- 1/3 c. Espresso dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Olive wood smoked olive oil
- 2 tsp. Baklouti fused green chili EVOO
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- Sprinkle of her favourite sea salt (Smok’n Guns or Herbal)
- Cracked black pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp. Big D’s honey (raw and local)
Whisk all ingredients, taste and adjust as needed.
Want it sweeter? Add more honey, maple syrup or molasses
More Tangy? Splash of lime juice or A-premium white balsamic vinegar
More Smoky? Holy Smoke sea salt (trust me)
All of the above? Splash of Serrano honey vinegar